There are many ways to pay your bill!
1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients’ needs, customer service, and minimizing costs, we do not bill. Payment and or deposit is required in advance for large treatment plans and or procedures. Lower end of the estimate will be taken.
2. We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Ocean Avenue Veterinary Hospital understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just five minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into six monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we’ll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at www.CareCredit.com.
Highlights of the CareCredit program include:
- Low monthly payments (3% of the total balance)
- Interest-free for six months
- Determine approval in a few minutes
- No annual fee
FIND A PAYMENT PLAN WITH SCRATCHPAY
Scratchpay offers simple and affordable payment plans for large veterinary bills. Finding your payment plan does not affect your credit, takes just a couple of minutes, and can be done from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
For more information about Scratchpay or to check your rate, click here.
Interested in pet insurance? We have information for you.
As with human health care, the cost of veterinary care is increasing as the result of advances in treatment capabilities and increases in the underlying cost of providing care within a modern animal hospital. In turn, pet owners are finding they have access to care that can maintain the health of their pet as never before, but the cost of this care can be prohibitive.
Ocean Avenue Veterinary Hospital understands this, and we do everything we can to ensure that your pet is able to receive the care he or she needs at a reasonable cost. To further help our clients, we accept a wide range of pet insurance plans, as well as CareCredit. We will even work with you to help you understand how these plans work and select the one that is just right for your family.
General Information on Pet Insurance
All of these plans are designed to charge a modest monthly fee and then pay out benefits as your pet needs them for routine preventive wellness care and should your pet become ill or injured. However, the range of cost for coverage can be rather large, as we have seen higher-end pet insurance plans charge up to $100 per month, while the lower end can be around $10 per month.
Of course, within this price range, there are differences as to what each plan will or will not cover. We have found that the median range, though, is around $30 per month for a fairly comprehensive plan.
There are also deductibles, coverage limits, and claims processes that you must be aware of before purchasing a pet insurance plan. We can help you understand these issues and are more than willing to work with you so that you find a plan you are happy with.
What Is CareCredit and How Does It Work?
Pet insurance is not the only option when it comes to covering health care costs for a pet. For example, CareCredit works like a credit card by reimbursing veterinarians for expensive procedures and then allowing the client to repay the company with interest over time.
This means that if your pet becomes ill or suffers an injury, rather than having to pay the full cost at the time services are rendered, CareCredit will cover the cost and you can pay in smaller, more manageable payments over time. For many clients, this may provide the reassurance they need that their pet will be cared for in time of an emergency.
Resources for More Information
While we are more than happy to help you select a plan that works for you, there are other resources that can help provide additional information.